group of teenagers walking in a row


Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT)

Who We Help

Adults 18 years of age and older:

  • Presenting with severe and persistent mental disorders such as schizophrenia, severe bi-polar disorders or other psychotic disorders
  • Having difficulty engaging with other mental health services
  • Confronted with significant functioning difficulties related to housing, social interactions, general life skills, schooling and/or employment


Who Can Request Our Services

  • Individuals (self-referrals)
  • Family physicians
  • Psychiatrists
  • Community agencies
  • Hospitals
  • Family members and friends
  • Health care professionals


How to access our services 

AccessMHA provides a single point of entry to Eastern Ontario's system of care for adults (16 years and older) living with mental health issues or substance use disorders. 


To access MHSRC programs and services: 

  • Log on to AccessMHA and fill out a request form. If you cannot use the online form, please call 1-833-527-8207.
  • A mental health and addictions professional will work with you to assess your needs and connect you to the right services within your region. 
AccessMHA logo with phone number










Contact Information



Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except on holidays  


How We Can Help

  • Assistance with the collaborative development of a recovery plan based on personal goals
  • Symptom control assessment
  • Medication prescription, administration and ongoing monitoring
  • Education on illness management
  • Supportive counselling
  • Integrated mental health and addiction treatment for alcohol and other drugs
  • Housing support
  • Activity of daily living coaching and support (e.g. medication management, budgeting and groceries)
  • Support for return to schooling or employment
  • Employment support
  • Socialization and recreation
  • Crisis intervention and prevention through development of the individual's care plan
  • Support Community Treatment Order in collaboration with other regional hospitals and the Ontario Review Board
  • Advocacy for clients’ rights
  • Family and social network support and education
  • Liaison with other community agencies and partners

MHSRC Assertive Community Treatment Team

  • Psychiatrist
  • Team Supervisor
  • Recreational Therapist
  • Registered Nurse and Registered Practical Nurse
  • Concurrent Specialist (Mental Health and Addictions)
  • Peer Specialist
  • Vocational Specialist



Get In Touch